Saturday, February 6, 2010

Oh inspiration...




I thought I'd share some things that have been inspiring me during this first week of the RPM Challenge.

I already posted some words that have been circling my head, so here's some videos I've been watching for the past few days...

For Mad Pierrot


Blind Willie Johnson


Robert Johnson

The Builders and The Butchers


For Machete Beard

Local Natives

Blak Roc

Conor Oberst

to name just a few




...and then just general every day inspiration always comes from NPR and All Songs Considered. Certain Tiny Desk Concerts like This One and This Other One have been on a steady rotation this week, and especially This Project Song (which is fitting considering that challenge and this one).

And of course Words to Live By spoken by as much of a hero as I can imagine.

My excitement continues to grow throughout this first week. I've been stretching my abilities as a songwriter, storyteller and musician. I'll post some video and sounds very soon...



Time for sleep now, dreams of songs and nightmares of latency issues await.

No comments:

Post a Comment