Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thoughts on Goals

What is the difference between the current me, the five years ago me, and the ten years ago me?
I believe, besides age and hair style, the answer is Goals.
At age fifteen, I had no goals what-so-ever. I just knew that I hated school and loved music and skateboarding.
At age 20 I didn't have a specific goal, just a general discontent with practically everything. My fast food job sucked and I was bored all the time. I needed a change and that came with a new job as a maintenance worker and I started playing music with a friend pretty consistently. Things were new and that was pretty much all I wanted was some change. At age 23 I was bored again. I had a better paying and more responsible job position and I was actually in a band. Neither met my interests and neither were the path I wanted. The band was something I wanted, but the pace and the goals were as different as could be. I had to find something new and make a change.
The time came to move on and I did. More searching ensued.
Now I'm 25 and have a couple of fairly specific goals. The first one should be easily obtainable and accomplished soon. That goal is to get my Associates Degree in college.
The second goal borders on dream, and that is to somehow join or tour with The Revival Tour. To record or tour or have anything to do with Chuck Ragan and the Revival Tour. This goal doesn't have a deadline nor will it be easily obtained, but what goal is!!!???
Goals should be something to work towards, should be something lofty and just over the horizon. But that is my goal, The Revival Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment